Friday, June 4, 2010

Lets Talk Art

Ok, so from here on out, im going to use this blog NOT ONLY as a way to rant on about my childhood adventures into "the real world", but also as a place to take a break from painting, and to analyze what ever new discoveries i found in the pigment that day.

For what ever reason, i'm loving these buildings i have been painting. Its kind of repetetive, but i can defeat that by making each painting "better" and more intricate than the last. However, i feel that this isn't going to last very much longer. Like the rest of my life, i will soon be off to the next artistic quest.

I've been playing around with different colors lately, always afraid that ill ruin an otherwise good painting. But to my suprise(watch me eat my words next time i paint) i become amazed and impressed by the colors i choose to use together. Although i am using some basic color theory to my advantage, i pretty much just eye ball 2 colors, think ahead to when ill be mixing black, payne's grey, or white into the mix and go for it.... Painting is amazing to me for just that reason.
There are so many factors to be put into the mix, so many options, so much to explore and learn about. It is it's own world.

Soon i will be building very large canvas's and trying something new. i am going to start painting large figures. similar to how David Choe paints but also very different. less masking in the figures, and more rough textures and strange colors. I pretty much cant wait, but im forcing myself to ATLEAST finish 2 or 3 of the 7 or 8 paintings i legitimately want to finish.

Anyway, now that im talking about it, i really want to go paint... So i guess thats what i'll do!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand about not "ruining an otherwise good painting".

    I'm kind of stuck on my 7-8. Keep us posted on how you focus, because you are prolific.

    I'm starting to think that my lack of focus may just be a character flaw in general!

    ReplyDelete